Umami is the fifth taste, joining sweet, sour, salty and bitter. Rare Tea Cellar founder, Rodrick Markus, has hand-picked this collection of ingredients exhibiting the best of this unique flavor profile.
- Soy Salt: made from artisanal shoyu that has been fermented in 100-year-old cedar vats for three years. With big flakes and crispy pieces, it has an amazing crunchy texture. Serving Suggestions: This is great to be served with sushi, sashimi and rice dishes. Also, be adventurous and try this item as a topper to pizza, pasta, salad or fish.
- Shio Kombu: made from real Japanese Kombu sliced thin and seasoned with soy sauce, mirin and salt. Serving Suggestions: Traditionally served with rice, but also is great on fish, meats, and poultry.
- Porcini Oil: sunflower oil infused with an all natural porcini mushroom essence. Serving Suggestions: Drizzle onto grilled vegetables or finish a cheese fondue.
- Truffle Salt: capturing the essence of French black truffles, this specialty salt will soon become one of your most frequently used ingredients. Serving Suggestions: Its richly nuanced flavor enhances everything from grilled meats and roasted potatoes to scrambled eggs and buttered popcorn.
- Truffle Honey: Hand harvested acacia tree honey combined with European summer truffles and white truffle aroma. Serving suggestions: Great on a meat or cheese plate, can also be used for a BBQ glaze.
- Fish Sauce: a collaboration between BLiS and Red Boat, the finest fish sauce in the industry. This premium fish sauce has enhanced its natural flavors through the proprietary aging process for seven months. The end result is a fish sauce that imparts a subtle sweetness and smokiness not found in other fish sauces. Serving Suggestions: use as a finishing sauce, a marinade, a salad dressing, or anytime you want a touch of rich, barrel-aged umami.
- RTC Kombu Bomb: A proprietary blend of the highest quality ingredients created to add an unbelievable umami effect to any savory dish.
- Porcini Salt: Adds a delicious, rich and concentrated mushroom flavor to soups, sauces, vegetables, meats and seafood.
Please note: Items in gift packages are subject to availability. Items may be substituted as necessary.